Monday, November 19, 2007

Shame

Fortunately I haven’t lived a war. When I was a child I used to think war was a thing of the past, something about what my grandmother explained me some stories of her escape from Santander to Teruel to avoid the bombardments during the Spanish Civil War.

But sadly war is a current matter.

Behind every war there is an ambition, almost always money is the excuse. Money has different appearances depending on the country, many times it is petrol, but it can be gas, diamonds or anything valuable. It can hide individual interests, like benefiting someone’s business (arm market for example).

Effects of war last for years and even decades (remember Hiroshima) and the most affected are the weakest, population who don’t benefit from their country richness because it is always in hands of a few.

From every point of view war is a human shame.

I’ve posted a video of Miguel Gila’s view of the war, just to play this topic down. I hope you enjoy it.

1 comments:

Harlequin said...

Sadly, you're right.

:(